Thursday, September 22, 2011

Doncha Just Love a Tailwind?

Day 10

Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Roswell, New Mexico to Clovis, New Mexico
109 miles
2000 ft. of climbing

Another beautiful day for a bike ride.  The morning was cool and sunny - about 56 degrees when we started riding.  It warmed up to about 82 degrees in the afternoon.  For our entire ride to Clovis, we'd be traveling on I-70.  So, today's ride was more about getting from Point A to Point B than about seeing interesting sights.  We had a tailwind for the first 80 or so miles and we were flying. Art saw three tarantulas on the road - one dead, two alive.  (I'm taking his word for it because I did not see any of them.)  We arrived at our lunch stop so early that we renamed it the "brunch" stop.  We did have to gain some elevation to get to Clovis, but none of the climbing was difficult or steep.  These were what I call "highway hills" - long, but gently graded.  The tailwind decided to change to a head wind for the last 30 miles, but it wasn't too bad at all.  So far, this was the easiest riding day of the tour.
Me, Art & Ron, riding in a pace line

At our lunch/brunch stop in Elida, New Mexico
Have bike, will travel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose and Art,
    I am so envious at the 2 of you (the other's too but I dont' know them).
    You guys are so energetic and athletic it's fun to watch you (sure wouldn't do it with you LOL)
    My laptop died so I'll catch up with you all next week when I have access to pc.
    Keep the tires rolling.............
    Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete