Monday, September 28, 2015

Sugar Addiction and Other Random Thoughts

Day 16
Monday, September 28, 2015
Purcell, OK to McAlester, OK
114 miles
4,163 feet of climbing

One thought that occurred to me as we were was riding out of Purcell this morning, fighting all the Monday morning traffic is . . . all those poor folks are driving to work, and I get to ride my bike all day!  It sort of puts things into perspective.  It was another lovely day in the saddle - sunny and warm as we rode up and over another bunch of Oklahoma hills.  I got chased by a couple of OK dogs today, but both seemed more interested in barking and chasing than biting.  I think I've been eating way too many cookies lately.  My body seems to be in a constant state of sugar intoxication. Sure, the sugar high, along with all the endorphins,not to mention the Advil masking all my aches and pains, makes me a very happy camper, but I probably should dial it back a bit before hyperglycemia sets in.  The PAC Tour crew hosted an ice cream social for us tonight.  Oh, good - more sugar!  I don't care - it was delicious.  Be that as it may, I am having the time of my life riding my bike with my BFF Arthur and this exceptional group of people.  Tomorrow, another adventure!

Elevation profile of today's ride - up and down rollers all day.

  
Super Tom & his Trek
A "good morning" from a beautiful creature
This is Oklahoma
"Hear the sound of the men workin' on the chain gang . . ."
Memorial park - where we had our second rest stop

Ribbony road
Oklahoma selfie
Art, me and Robert K.


No comments:

Post a Comment