Saturday, July 6, 2013

Here We Go Again!: Another Cross-Country Bicycle Aventure

Yes, it's true!  My trusty adventure companion & I are embarking on yet another bicycle tour across the U.S.!  Another step closer to my life-long goal of riding my bike in every state in America. This time, we'll be taking the "northern" route, starting in Everett, Washington on July 7 and finishing our journey 32 days later in Williamsburg, Virginia.  Our route will take us through the great states of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia and, finally,  just plain Virginia.  I've never been to many of these states, so I am really looking forward to visiting each one and seeing the sights from the seat of my favorite mode of transportation - my bicycle.  Here's a photo of my superior-quality, super-fast "sports car" of a bike:



Here's a pic of Art & his Moots:


PAC Tour will be supporting the tour, and we'll be with a group of about 40 other riders and staff, many of whom we've ridden with before on other tours.  This ride is sure to present some challenges, especially as we ride across the Cascades, the Rockies and the Big Horn Mountains, not to mention the Appalacian Mountains in the east.  But fear not!  I have my little chain ring and all day to ride - chances are, I'll get there eventually.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment