Monday, June 11, 2012

The Marmot of Notre Dame

Day 3 - Sunday, June 10
Arvier to Rhemes Notre Dame Loop
47 miles
4,914 ft. of climbing

Today's route took us to the top of Rhemes Notre Dame.  We saw a marmot!  It ran ahead of us on the side of the road, as if it were racing us.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get a picture of it, so it's just my word against the marmot's.  Anyway, it was a spectacular climb in picture-perfect weather.  In fact, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves . . .


Art


Bob & Art taking a well-earned latte break
 

Recently retired Art Hewig reflecting on his many years of NYSTRS service.



1 comment:

  1. I love following your blog/adventures. However I doubt Art was reflecting on his years at TRS. LOL
    The pictures are gorgeous so I can't even imagine how it looks in person.
    Keep on peddling.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete